North Judson, Indiana – Chester, Inc. (Chester) and the Starke County Economic Development Foundation (SCEDF) recently announced that the Agricultural Systems Division of Chester has been relocated to North Judson, Indiana, effective as of June 18, 2012.The Ag Systems Division of Chester was established in 1970 when Chester first added Valley center-pivot irrigation systems to their line of products and services.Today, this division services over 1500 irrigation systems, mostly center-pivot systems, and they also service about the same number of grain dryers and drying bins.This division engineers, sells and services irrigation systems, grain handling, and storage facilities.A farmer wishing to purchase a center-pivot system can have his system designed by Chester engineers who then send the design to Valley where the product is fabricated and shipped directly to the farm where it is installed by Chester employees. Chester has already added an additional structure in North Judson which is housing a growing inventory of parts needed because of the large number of irrigation systems serviced by Chester.
Pete Peuquet, President and Chief Executive Officer of Chester said that “We wanted to be in North Judson, Indiana, as it is centrally located for what we do and where our customers are located in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan.We can service a much larger percentage of our customers more easily from this location, and our location just off of SR 10 provides us a great deal more exposure. We were assisted in this effort by Charles Weaver of the Starke County Economic Development Foundation, who helped us find and acquire a location in North Judson that meets our needs. Charlie went the extra mile for us and as a result, we now headquarter our Ag Systems Division in North Judson.”This division will employ approximately 18 persons at this new location.Peuquet also said that the new location should be fully operational within the next 30 days.
Wendy Hoppe, North Judson Town Council President and a member of the Board of SCEDF also expressed her pleasure with the new company locating in North Judson, saying “We are so very pleased that Chester has chosen our town for its new location, as it reinforces the idea that the town is open for business for quality companies like Chester, and it also shows a new spirit of cooperation between the Town and SCEDF in economic development activities.”
ABOUT CHESTER, INC.
Chester, Inc. was founded in 1951 by Charles F. Bowman and Orville Redenbacher, and in 1952 became the first Butler Agri-Builder.Today, the company operates with two other divisions besides the Ag Systems Division, which includes a Construction Systems Division, which is a full service general contractor specializing in design/build projects and which includes Architectural Services, with several architects on staff.The company also operates an Information Technologies Division, dealing with computer and network services. The corporate headquarters along with the IT and Construction Services Divisions are located in Valparaiso, Indiana.For more information about Chester, Inc., visit www.chesterinc.com.
ABOUT STARKE COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATIONThe Starke County Economic Development Foundation is a not-for-profit local economic development organization (LEDO) providing economic development opportunities on behalf of Starke County, Indiana, the City of Knox, and the Towns of North Judson and Hamlet through the development of industrial parks, rail spurs, greenfield sites, shovel-ready sites, infrastructure, and workforce development.For more information regarding Starke County Economic Development Foundation, visit www.scedf.biz.